(Reports to Vice President of Community and Customer Success)
In this role, you will play a critical role right here at Basket HQ, helping create a culture of data-driven planning and decision-making. You will be our first analytics team member, with a chance to have great impact at Basket. You will be embedded within our Community and Customer Success division, and will work cross-functionally with key executives and team leaders across the organization. You will be a trusted partner in tackling our most impactful analytical and technical problems, while making the data accessible and understandable to the team. You will help us make decisions that drive productive partnerships with our customers, as well as to improve internal performance and quality.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Develop strategy for internal data gathering and organization to secure quality data from multiple sources efficiently.
- Acquire data from internal and external data sources; build a system to maintain.
- Drive analysis on key projects to improve the experience of our customers and community.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our teams as efficient as possible. Coordinate with members of the team to measure the impact and efficiency of new initiatives and business processes.
Data Reporting & Visualization
- Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower our team. Identify opportunities to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection.
- Prepare meaningful data and insights presentations, demonstrating the performance of a specific function, metric or projects.
- Build scalable processes and systems that enable internal and external stakeholders to leverage data and act upon insights.
- Identify key questions, problems, and KPIs using your sharp business acumen and judgment to enable stickier relationships with our existing customers.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis of customer data and fulfillment efforts, providing actionable insights and improvement recommendations on consistent basis.
- Identify and manage key performance and quality metrics, conducting deep and rigorous analysis and deliver insights to the team.
- Build and own reporting, taking advantage of the ever-growing amount of data we have at our fingertips to help key stakeholders (customer success and community leaders) to manage and improve our operations.
Superstar candidates look like this...
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, or other quantitative focus
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative/analytical role, preferably within tech or management consulting
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in fast-paced, challenging environments
- Self-motivated with strong project management abilities and a bias toward action. Able to structure a project from idea to design / prototype to implementation.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to be our master simplifier, driving clarity and meaningful insight from the mass amounts of data
- Excellent Excel skills that you are ready to show off
- Experience with analytical visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker or similar tools
- SQL expertise and able to access, interpret and package data
- Track record of success working with executives and different teams to achieve results
Bonus point if you have…
- Experience in CPG or Retail Grocery
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python or R
- Experience working with customer insights
- Masters in a quantitative field (e.g., analytics, statistics)
We Bring To The Table
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers in a flat organization
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Equity in Arlington’s hottest consumer focused startup
- Unlimited Vacation
- Parking or public transportation subsidy
- 100% covered premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Discretionary education reimbursement for conferences and classes available from your first day
- Casual dress work environment
- Weekly catered lunches