Java Software Engineer (Mid Level)
Engineering - Java
You want to solve problems you can’t just Google answers for. You want to deal with real big data in real products that real people use everyday. You want exposure to cutting edge tech including interfaces with decentralized data markets built on blockchain. And you want it all in a high-growth startup.
Join the close-knit engineer team at Basket that conceptualizes and develops our industry leading data driven consumer mobile apps, B2B SaaS solutions, and big data services. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established rapidly expanding business.
JAVA SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At Basket, Software Engineers have a full understanding of technical fundamentals and modern Java best practices. They collaborate closely with Senior Engineers and consistently deliver large features that provide significant value our customers. Software engineers have a strong sense of quality and what it means to be ‘done’ demonstrated through PR reviews. They collaborate well with others and seek input from teammates.
Software Engineers receive direct coaching and mentoring from our Senior Engineers.
- A seasoned engineer who enjoys sharing your experience with the team.
- Strong with Java 8
- Fluent with Spring Core
- Passionate about writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Interested in building reliable, fault-tolerant, production grade systems
- Feel comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for understandability and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent
- You should have a strong, proven background in Java. We’d expect something on the order of 2+ years of full-time professional Java experience including production Java 8 experience.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- We build architecture with Java.
- We prefer Jersey for APIs with Java 8 and RxJava
- We prefer React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management, we use Redux or GraphQL
- We use Elasticsearch for search
- We use MySQL, Couchbase, & Redshift for our database storage
- We use AWS for our infrastructure
- We develop against services in the cloud
- We keep our projects up-to-date with current versions
WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers in a flat organization
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Equity in Arlington’s hottest consumer focused startup
- Unlimited Vacation
- Parking or public transportation subsidy
- 100% covered premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Discretionary education reimbursement for conferences and classes available from your first day
- Casual dress work environment
- Weekly catered lunches