Senior Front End Engineer (Remote or NYC)
New York, NY /
Baton’s mission is to empower small business owners to get paid for their life’s work, and make it accessible for anyone to own a small business. We’re building the first true two-sided marketplace for the 32M American small businesses and potential buyers to bring transparency and trust to this antiquated $11 trillion market. To start, we’re unlocking data-driven business valuations for every small business, and collecting first-party financial data to power refined valuations - ultimately becoming the Zillow for small business acquisitions. Baton is backed by Giant Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, and a syndicate of world-class angel investors.
About The Role
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Baton, you’ll partner closely with our Co-Founders and Head of Engineering to develop high-quality product solutions for business owners, buyers, brokers, and our internal team. You’ll collaborate as a part of a best-in-class engineering organization that works cross-functionally to deliver continuous value to our users and the business.
On a day-to-day basis, you will...
- Partner closely with our co-founders and Head of Engineering to scope, plan and build delightful front end experiences
- Make informed decisions that will enable us to scale without compromising quality
- Assist in evaluating potential engineering hires
- Research and evaluate implementation options, build testable MVPs, document engineering plans
- Own design system implementation, component library, and other front-end infrastructure
- Build our MLP product in preparation for our beta release
- You have experience (likely 3+ years) working with agile software development teams
- Have experience working as a part of a cross-functional development team with multiple technologies and stakeholders
- You know how to pace sprint work to optimize for consistent delivery, work quality, and quality of life. You care personally about your team and prioritize their wellbeing and happiness in and outside of work
- You love to build company culture and care deeply about building a team where psychological safety, mentorship, ownership, and trust are a given
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers and meaningfully helping them move forward in their careers
- Have a product mindset, and have a track record of building strong partnerships with product managers, designers, and engineers
- Are passionate about helping people become successful small business owners and get paid for their life’s work
- Work from anywhere (including our office in Kips Bay NYC)
- 100% employer-paid healthcare options
- Meaningful pay, equity, and 401K option
- Unlimited PTO and 10 mandatory vacation days
- On-demand mental health support from Spill
- Team offsites
- Apple laptop of your choice
- Parental leave program
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of small business owners and their communities
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!