Senior Analytical Chemist
UNR Lab- Reno, NV
Lab – Analytical Chemistry Lab Technician /
SENIOR ANALYTICAL CHEMIST
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an integrated battery metals company with a unique value proposition with both primary and secondary leveraging new technologies. ABTC is uniquely positioned to increase the domestic US production of battery metals, through recycling, extraction, and proprietary refining technologies, while ensuring that these materials are returned to the manufacturing supply chain to facilitate the transition to a circular low carbon energy economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Senior Analytical Chemist the incumbent helps perform all facets of laboratory operations and chemical analyses supporting process design & implementation of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling processes at our manufacturing plant in McCarren, NV. This facility is the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low-environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy. This position will report to the Senior Staff Analytical Chemist.
The Senior Analytical Chemist will perform standardized analytical methodology required for quality control of commercial-scale battery metals and contribute to the development of new methodology as analytical capacity of the lab grows. The incumbent will also provide analytical support to factory operations where needed for troubleshooting and plant optimization.
The incumbent will perform data analysis, validation, and reporting of quality control testing. This includes entry of sample data and analysis results into our Laboratory Information Management System.
The incumbent will help coordinate analytical chemistry lab operations, including but not limited to:
· Maintain adequate supplies of laboratory consumables
· Receive and process incoming samples for chemical analysis
· Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
· Train new analytical chemistry technical staff on methods and instrumentation
The incumbent will strive to ensure a safe laboratory work environment by adhering to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) including:
· Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate
· Cleaning and organizing lab supplies and consumables
· Uphold laboratory hygiene policies and procedures through records keeping and management of laboratory waste
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Minimum required qualifications:
A background in Analytical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with 5 or more years of laboratory experience operating instrumentation and performing sample preparation is required. General lab experience with the following techniques is preferred:
· Inorganic analytical instrumentation (IC, ICP)
· Various acid-base titrations and measurements
· Organic analytical instrumentation including (GC, HPLC, TOC)
· Liquid/Liquid Extraction, Solid Phase Extraction, Semi-Prep LC
· Hazardous Waste Operations Emergency Response training (HAZWOPER)
· Chemical processing background (Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Mineral Processing, etc.)
· Ability to stand for prolonged periods of up to 6 hrs. a day.
· Ability to walk throughout the plant. Ability to bend at the waist.
· Ability to lift unassisted 50lbs and assisted over 50 lbs.+ assisted. Climbing stairs and ladders (1) limited
· Ability to wear PPE which includes but not limited to the following: eye and face protection, Hearing Protection, Respirators, and protective shoes and coverings.
· Must have 20/20 or corrected vision.
· Ability to perform repetitive duties.
· Ability to work in environments that may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals for extended periods of time.
Reno and McCarran, NV
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary $85,000 - $125,000
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Unlimited PTO
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be and Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$85,000 - $125,000 a year