Manufacturing Process Engineer
Plant, Sparks , NV
Engineering – Manufacturing Engineer /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an industry-leading battery metal and critical materials technology development and commercialization company. Our Pilot Plant in Fernley, Nevada will be the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will sustain and improve the operations of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling processes. This candidate will collaborate with our engineering team and various internal and external experts to ensure the successful operation of our facility. The ideal candidate will have a track record of process improvement, problem solving and improving process methodologies in a first-in-kind process system. This should include a constant focus on evaluating current processing steps and proposing and developing next-generation solutions to continuously improve system performance and operability. This position will report to our Director of Engineering.
· Understand process capability of the battery recycling system through data analysis and in-depth knowledge of the process.
· Utilize process improvement techniques (Lean, Six Sigma, SPC etc.) to further improve battery recycling process.
· Define system and equipment alarms using Statistical Process Control techniques to notify and/or shut down equipment during out-of-control events.
· Troubleshoot down equipment and implement solutions to address root cause (Conveyors, Motors, Pumps, Valves etc.).
· Support specification of a factory MES system. Support integration, commissioning and troubleshooting of MES system to ensure product meets company needs.
· Develop clear data collection, analysis and visualization tools using software such as MySQL, Python, Minitab, JMP, Tableau and Ignition.
· Keep document records for the equipment system up to date (e.g., Equipment Data, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, Controls Narratives, and Wiring Diagrams)
· Support commissioning activities of future expansion plans for our first-in-kind battery recycling process.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Background in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial preferred)
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and commissioning first-in-kind manufacturing lines.
- Experience with MES systems, preferably integration of MES systems.
- Experience implementing data-driven improvements to operational lines (DOE, Change Management).
- Experience in Statistical Process Control (SPC), Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Working knowledge Autodesk Software: Revit, AutoCAD and/or Navisworks.
- Ability to positively collaborate in a team environment.
· Requires sitting for extended hours, typing, carrying weight, operating, and lifting office equipment.
· The person in this position occasionally needs to move about inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Onsite - McCarren, NV
What We Offer
· Competitive salary
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Flexible paid time off
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$90,000 - $120,000 a year