Laboratory Project Manager
UNR Lab- Reno, NV
Lab – Lab Manager /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an integrated battery metals company with a unique value proposition with both primary and secondary leveraging new technologies. ABTC is uniquely positioned to increase the domestic US production of battery metals, through recycling, extraction, and proprietary refining technologies, while ensuring that these materials are returned to the manufacturing supply chain to facilitate the transition to a circular low carbon energy economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As Laboratory Manager the incumbent coordinates all facets of laboratory operations and data handling across facilities supporting R&D, engineering, and operations QC as ABTC develops and commercializes its primary lithium resource and its proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling processes. Laboratories are in the Applied Research Facility on campus at the University of Nevada-Reno and at our manufacturing plant in McCarren, NV. This facility is the first integrated implementation of our multi-step battery recycling processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low-environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy. This position will report to the Director of Analytical Services.
The Laboratory Manager will track analytical requests to the laboratories, data deliverables, staff workloads, and instrument status to ensure continuous and reliable service to ABTC’s R&D, operations, and engineering teams through the implementation of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). The incumbent will strive to ensure no conflict of interest develops between the analytical team and those requesting services. The incumbent will endeavor to maintain a positive and inclusive work environment for employees of the lab and those seeking its services.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for coordinating maintenance and commissioning of new analytical instrumentation, and maintain a record of warranties, calibrations, and service contracts for all lab assets. The incumbent will oversee new method development and training of staff on instrumentation required for routine testing. The incumbent will strive to ensure a safe laboratory work environment by adhering to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) including:
· Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Maintaining a clean and organized lab environment
· Uphold laboratory hygiene policies and procedures through records keeping and management of laboratory chemicals and waste
Minimum required qualifications:
· A background in Chemistry (or related fields) with 5+ years of laboratory experience managing laboratory operations, coordinating with internal and external customers, supporting the development of methods, data validation, and communicating with clients or sponsors.
· Experience with LIMS and its ongoing implementation is crucial for this role.
· Experience with the following operations is preferred:
· Establishment and implementation of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
· ERP software (e.g., SAP)
· Material sample management and tracking
· Statistical Process Control (SPC)
· Familiarity with the following analytical techniques is beneficial:
· Inorganic analytical instrumentation (IC, ICP)
· Various acid-base titrations and measurements
· Organic analytical instrumentation including (GC, HPLC, TOC)
· Liquid/Liquid Extraction, Solid Phase Extraction, Semi-Prep LC
· Ability to stand for prolonged periods of up to 6 hrs. a day.
· Ability to walk throughout the plant. Ability to bend at the waist.
· Ability to lift unassisted 50lbs and assisted over 50 lbs.+ assisted. Climbing stairs and ladders (1) limited
· Ability to wear PPE which includes but not limited to the following: eye and face protection, Hearing Protection, Respirators, and protective shoes and coverings.
· Must have 20/20 or corrected vision.
· Ability to perform repetitive duties.
· Ability to work in environments that may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals for extended periods of time.
Reno and McCarran, NV
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary: MG1 $75,000 - $120,000
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Unlimited PTO
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be and Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$75,000 - $120,000 a year