Instrumentation Sustaining Engineer
Plant, Sparks , NV
Engineering – Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an industry-leading battery metal and critical materials technology development and commercialization company. Our Pilot Plant in Fernley, Nevada will be the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Instrumentation Sustaining Engineer you will operate and maintain best-in-class control systems for the chemical process systems of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling facility and primary resource extraction technologies. This candidate will collaborate with our engineering team and various internal and external experts to ensure the successful operation of our facilities’ control systems. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the research & development, design, installation, commissioning, and operations of first-of-kind facilities. They should be passionate about operating and maintaining efficient automation systems for chemical manufacturing processes, ensuring quality control of outputs, specifying equipment, crafting and deploying monitoring protocols. The candidate will be a problem-solver and have a keen interest in operating first-in-kind process systems. This should include a constant focus on evaluating current processing steps and proposing and developing next-generation solutions to continuously improve system performance and operability. This position will report to our Automation Engineering Lead and eventually transition to the operations team.
· Install, repair and maintain assorted plant control and process monitoring equipment including electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and microprocessor-based automation systems
· Performs tests and maintenance on mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment; interprets readings and outputs of equipment; ensures proper functioning of equipment and related information systems.
· Read and interpret engineering drawings and manuals to install, calibrate, and maintain plant instrumentation systems. Work from complex engineering and manufacturers drawings or manuals to complete projects and assigned work.
· Assist engineering teams with preparing detailed controls documentation to include instrument lists, valve lists, loop lists, and other design related documentation
· Participate and provide input during the process design phase of capital projects
· Participate in initial equipment conceptual development and provide input on equipment design while balancing product specifications, process control requirements, layout complexity, cost, quality and lead-time limits
· Developing and maintain specifications for procurement of low voltage controls equipment and instrumentation for mechanical, chemical, and other process systems
· Prepare and review wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, layout drawings for VFDs, PLCs, and other low voltage automation systems
· Develop and implement instrumentation calibration programs for controls equipment and instrumentation
· Support engineering and R&D teams by providing technical feedback and test plans for continuous improvement
· Collaborate with program management and construction teams to safely and quickly implement efficient designs
· Participate in the development of sequences of operations and/or control narratives
· Participate in hazard analyses and FEMAs on process systems
· Review and provide feedback on designs executed by outside design firms
· Manage contract resources as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Background in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent industry experience in Instrumentation and Controls
· 2+ years of engineering/design experience focusing on industrial automation systems
· Exposure to a variety of instrument manufacturers and technologies
· Able to interpret and produce Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
· Chemical processing background (Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Mineral Processing, etc.)
· Ability to positively collaborate in a team environment
· Licensed Professional Engineer: Control Systems
· Experience with Autodesk CAD programs (Plant3D, Revit)
· PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
· Requires sitting for extended hours, typing, carrying weight, operating, and lifting office equipment.
· The person in this position occasionally needs to move about inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Onsite - Reno, NV
What We Offer
· Competitive salary $80,000 - $125,000
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Flexible paid time off
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$80,000 - $125,000 a year