Chemical Process Engineer
HQ- Reno NV /
Engineering – Chemical Process Engineer /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an industry-leading battery metal and critical materials technology development and commercialization company. Our Pilot Plant in Fernley, Nevada will be the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Chemical Process Engineer, you will oversee all facets of chemical process design & implementation of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling processes and primary resource extraction technologies. This candidate will work closely with our executive officers, our engineering organization, our plant operations team, and various external experts to ensure the successful design, construction and operations of our facilities. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the research & development, design, installation, commissioning, and operations of first-of-kind facilities. They should be passionate about designing, implementing, and maintaining efficient manufacturing processes, ensuring quality control of outputs, specifying equipment, crafting and deploying monitoring protocols, and working in a high-performance and fast-paced environment. The candidate will be a problem-solver and have a keen interest in scaling processes proven at the bench-scale up to pilot- or pre-commercial scales. This should include a constant focus on evaluating current processing steps and proposing and developing next-generation solutions in order to continuously improve system performance and operability. This position will report to our Director on Engineering.
· Research, design and implement battery recycling & primary resource extraction systems from laboratory scale to pilot and commercial.
· Design and conduct experiments to develop novel processing routes for extracting elemental battery components from battery feedstock and refining back up to cathode grade specifications.
· Size and select process engineering equipment.
· Complete mass and energy process on new chemical processing designs.
· Support operations and engineering by providing technical feedback of chemistry fundamentals.
· Conduct laboratory analysis and coordinate test campaigns.
· Background in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
· 8+ years of engineering/design experience
· Strong understand of both organic and inorganic chemistry
· Hydro-metallurgical background considered
· Strong understanding of analytical chemistry tools (ICP-OES, TGA, GC-MS, Ion Chromatography, etc.)
· Chemical processing background (Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Metals & Mining, Mineral Processing, etc.)
Onsite - Reno, NV
What We Offer
· Competitive salary
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Flexible paid time off
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.