Controls Sustaining Engineer
Plant, Sparks , NV
Engineering – Controls Design Engineer – PLC and SCADA Development /
Controls Sustaining Engineer
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an industry-leading battery metal and critical materials technology development and commercialization company. Our Pilot Plant in Fernley, Nevada will be the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Controls Sustaining Engineer you will operate and maintain best-in-class control systems for the chemical process systems of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling facility and primary resource extraction technologies. This candidate will collaborate with our engineering team and various internal and external experts to ensure the successful operation of our facilities’ control systems. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the research & development, design, installation, commissioning, and operations of first-of-kind facilities. They should be passionate about operating and maintaining efficient automation systems for chemical manufacturing processes, ensuring quality control of outputs, specifying equipment, crafting and deploying monitoring protocols. The candidate will be a problem-solver and have a keen interest in operating first-in-kind process systems. This should include a constant focus on evaluating current processing steps and proposing and developing next-generation solutions to continuously improve system performance and operability. This position will report to our Automation Engineering Lead and eventually transition to the operations team.
· Assist engineering teams with preparing detailed controls documentation to include instrument lists, valve lists, loop lists, and other design related documentation
· Performs skilled recycling plant work such as the installation and maintenance of telemetry and control devices, SCADA or similar data monitoring and control hardware and software at our lithium-ion recycling plant
· Performs electrical repairs pertaining to plant equipment, electrical low voltage electrical systems and testing of up to 480V energized circuits for test reading and documentation
· Estimates materials, parts, tools and equipment needed for work assignments; orders and picks up materials and supplies from outside vendors as appropriate; prepares cost estimates for job
· Support PLC and SCADA development teams throughout the lifecycle of a project by updating, troubleshooting, and maintaining IEC-61131 complaint PLC programming languages and SCADA software
· Support operations and R&D teams by providing technical feedback and test plans for continuous improvement
· Review and update wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, layout drawings for VFDs, PLCs, and other low-voltage automation systems
· Install, troubleshoot, and set up plant industrial networking equipment to include hardwired networks and wireless networks
· Perform commissioning activities to include loop checks, motor rotational checks, voltage checks
· Assist in calibration of industrial instrumentation and control valves
· Rebuild control valves and other controls-related equipment as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
· 2+ years of experience operating and maintaining industrial automation systems
· Demonstrated knowledge of SCADA, PLC, and systems in an industrial setting
· Familiarity with motor controllers
· Exposure to a variety of instrument manufacturers and technologies
· Able to interpret Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
· Ability to positively collaborate in a team environment
· AAS degree in Electrical Technology or equivalent
· Experience with Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA
· Experience with IEC-61131 complaint PLC programming languages
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of up to 6 hrs. a day.
- Ability to walk throughout the plant.
- Ability to bend at the waist.
- Ability to lift unassisted 50 lbs and assist over 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to wear PPE which includes but is not limited to the following: eye and face protection, hearing protection, respirators, and protective shoes and shoe coverings.
- Must have 20/20 or corrected vision.
- Ability to perform repetitive duties.
- Ability to work in environments that may include exposure to noise, dust, and chemicals for extended periods of time.
Onsite - McCarren, NV
Full-Time – Exempt
What We Offer
· Competitive salary $80,000 - $135, 000
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Flexible paid time off
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$80,000 - $135,000 a year