Project Controls Manager
HQ- Reno NV
Technical Programs – Technical Program Manager /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an integrated battery metals company with a unique value proposition with both primary and secondary leveraging new technologies. ABTC is uniquely positioned to increase the domestic US production of battery metals, through recycling, extraction, and proprietary refining technologies, while ensuring that these materials are returned to the manufacturing supply chain to facilitate the transition to a circular low carbon energy economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
As our Project Controls Manager, you will be responsible for estimating, change management, cost management, scheduling, risk management, the preparation of recommendations to decision-makers, and conducting any other project controls activities necessary to streamline results on our technical programs, business development, and operations. This individual plays an important role in collecting and analyzing data with the objective of maximizing value and identifying benefits through the promotion of a joint collaborative approach.
· Communicates with cross-functional teams, including management, regularly regarding the status of projects and operations.
· Estimates costs to help baseline future projects for viability assessment, to analyze change requests in project costs for reasonableness, and assist in requests for proposals from feedstock suppliers/offtake customers.
· Evaluate spending on technical programs and operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the execution of work.
· Forecasts future spending in order to advise on where program costs may land.
· Drives schedule updates and reviews with cross-functional teams.
· Compiles and analyzes data to perform bid leveling and price analysis, as well as reviewing proposals to establish price objectives.
· Stays up to date on industry trends and new products.
· Monitors and updates relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing.
· Develops and maintains risk registers for projects across the team’s portfolio.
· Reports regularly on cost, change, schedule, and risk metrics to the broader team and executives.
· Grows the Project Controls team as needed but considers themselves an individual contributor.
· Attends meetings with the engineering team, construction team, operations team, vendors, and suppliers.
· Assists invoicing review and approval.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in engineering, construction management, cost engineering, scheduling, estimating, operational efficiency projects, or relevant project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Strong communication and project management skills with a proven track record of ability to influence peers and Sr leadership.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a high-performing/growing business.
- Excellent at communicating and collaborating cross-functionally and working within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to lead projects and influence within peer groups and without direct reports.
- Strong influential leadership and ability to forge relationships.
- Solid knowledge of accounting processes and systems
· Ability to positively collaborate in a team environment.
· Masters (MA or MSc) in engineering, construction management or a related field is an asset
· Experience in the construction, battery manufacturing, chemical refining, mining, or battery recycling industries
· Prolonged sitting and standing
· Traveling by car and airplane
· Lifting <20+ lbs. unassisted
What We Offer
· Competitive salary $130,000 - $175,000 (IC4)
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Stock options
· Flexible paid time off
· Monthly phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Americans With Disabilities Act
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (775) 772-6377.
$130,000 - $175,000 a year