HQ- Reno NV
Finance, IT & Facilities – Finance /
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an integrated battery metals company with a unique value proposition with both primary and secondary processing technologies. ABTC is uniquely positioned to increase the domestic US production of battery metals, through recycling, extraction, and proprietary refining technologies, while ensuring that these materials are returned to the manufacturing supply chain to facilitate the transition to a circular low carbon energy economy.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking an Accounting Manager that will be responsible for day-to-day accounting activities with experience in large capital projects, manufacturing/cost accounting, equity accounting, and assistance with technical accounting research. This role will be critical to supporting our growth and will have a significant impact on our company. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, be driven to work cross-functionally and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities. This position will report to the Controller.
- Actively engaged in day-to-day accounting transactions and entries.
- Complete monthly accounting close, including journal entry preparation and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure proper costing and inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Assist with preparation of Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Maintain and update fixed assets records and depreciation schedules.
- Provide monthly reporting of capital projects to stakeholders.
- Consistently adhere to and document internal control policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to gather necessary financial data, footnotes, and supporting documentation for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards, participating in technical accounting research, and supporting the external audit process.
- Ensure compliance with state and local taxes and filings.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 5 + years’ experience in GL accounting, reconciliations, and month-end close within an ERP system
- Experience preparing financial statements and footnotes
- Experience working with external auditors
- Ability to apply experience and critical thinking to solve finance and accounting-related issues
- Highly organized
- Excellent at time management and multitasking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment
· CPA or MBA
· Public company experience and SEC reporting
· SAP experience
· Manufacturing or production accounting experience
· Requires sitting for extended hours, typing, carrying weight, operating, and lifting office equipment.
· The person in this position occasionally needs to move about inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Onsite - Reno, NV
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive salary $95K – 130K (dependent on type and years of experience and education)
· Company-sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program
· Additional equity compensation (RSUs)
· Generous PTO policy
· Monthly phone stipend
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Battery Technology Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT
American Battery Technology Company does not discriminate based upon disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with the ADA title I employment regulations. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or a special need, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or you may call us at (775) 772-6377 or (775) 473-4744.
$85,000 - $125,000 a year