Frontend HTML/CSS Developer - Dubai
Engineering – Engineering
Bayzat is a technology company that provides insurance and HR solutions. We are one of the fastest growing startups in the MENA region. We have 170+ team members from 30+ different countries.
Our team works hard to create amazing customer experiences using cutting-edge technologies. Our benefits consultants, sales development analysts, software engineers, customer success managers, designers, marketers and many others all work together to make it happen.
We are curious and passionate about finding better ways to do things, we engage in continuous learning opportunities to further develop skills and most importantly, we encourage and value teamwork. We provide our employees with tremendous opportunities for growth and career.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will work with our software development team to produce high-quality software and products. Our platform is the core of our offering and you will be responsible to make it better every day. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and are expected to continuously get out of your comfort zone to learn new things and get your hands dirty. More importantly, we want you take pride in the success of Bayzat, as it is under the ownership and responsibility of the entire team and that includes you!
You are expected to do:
- Develop features and front-end functionality using HTML5 and CSS
- Maintain existing features, write functional and unit tests
- Cooperate closely with other team members to deliver high quality code
- Deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- Contribute ideas to product development
- Constantly think about improving the Bayzat customer experience
We are looking for:
- Extensive experience building web applications using HTML5 and CSS
- Expertise with CSS preprocessors and modern CSS frameworks
- Understanding of modern CSS development methodologies and related experience (eg. OOCSS, Atomic CSS, CSS modules)
- Basic understanding of Single Page Application principles (Familiarity with Ember.js is a plus)
- Basic understanding of Git (or similar version control) and code review process
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter, proactive in resolving issues and removing roadblocks
- Adherence to software engineering best practices
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Desire to work within a remote and distributed team