Staff DevOps Engineer
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Bazaarvoice is looking for a seasoned DevOps engineer to join us in building the future of product discovery. As part of the Influenster team, you’ll build and scale the infrastructure that powers apps used by millions of consumers worldwide.
We strongly believe in empowering our engineers to efficiently design, develop, test, and operate the software they create. To that end, our DevOps team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools, frameworks, and infrastructure that make this possible. We work closely across disciplines in our product unit to understand business requirements and uncover opportunities to improve velocity, provide moments of engineering joy, and ultimately act as a force multiplier for our teams.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our team and take the DevOps culture to the next level.
- Design, build, and ship the systems and infrastructure that power the Influenster apps.
- Provide reliable, robust, and fast CI/CD pipelines
- Propose new technologies or approaches that can improve our infrastructure
- Create tooling to improve developer experience
- Develop and test disaster recovery scenarios
- Assist with infrastructure planning and implementation
- Continuously monitor and improve our infrastructure for performance, stability, scalability, and security
- Implement security best practices, from OS-level patches to internal processes.
- Participate in the on-call engineering rotation.
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering or DevOps role
- 3+ years experience supporting high-availability systems on AWS
- Experience building or supporting services in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, etc).
- Experience creating and managing a CI/CD pipeline (preferably as code)
- Fluent in understanding and applying common security principles
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions)
- Experience with test automation
- Expert level proficiency with version control (Git)
- Experience deploying containerized applications (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with load and/or performance testing
- Experience managing databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience in data streaming and messaging middlewares (Kafka, Kinesis, SQS/SNS, etc.)
- Experience in agile methodologies
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.