Senior Developer Advocate
Bazaarvoice is looking for a new member of our Developer Relations team. Thanks to our great sales and marketing teams we already have a built-in audience of developers employed by our clients. As a Developer Advocate you’ll focus on helping those developers be successful with our APIs. This includes a variety of tasks including coding, technical writing, consultation, troubleshooting, training and more. This is a diverse and challenging role that requires a candidate who is as comfortable writing code as they are writing technical documentation and who can explain the inner workings of our API in a conference call with a single developer as well as at a training session in front of a large group of developers. Successful candidates will take pride in and gain satisfaction from helping other developers be successful with Bazaarvoice APIs.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage and participate in Bazaarvoice Developer Portal forum
- Write sample code, apps, tools, and client libraries to assist and inspire developers in using Bazaarvoice APIs
- Help engineering teams improve products by conveying feedback from developers, advocating for new features, and pushing bug fixes
- Work with R&D teams to drive development of new APIs and API features including providing guidance on design best practice, technical documentation and training
- Create API related content including blogs, articles and tutorials
- Monitor social media interaction points such as forums, blogs, twitter, and other web sites for API issues, and take appropriate action
- Serve as an escalation point for API questions and support issues
- Provide guidance and consultation for colleagues, customers and partners as an expert in the Bazaarvoice APIs
- Support internal Q&A portal and API key process
- Willingness to participate in local API/developer community
- Some travel required (~5%)
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- In depth understanding of REST, internet architecture, HTTP, and API integrations
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated programming expertise including full stack web development
- Ability to create and deliver presentations and author technical documentation
- A desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Be a learner, able to explore new areas, learn new things, and quickly apply them to solve new problems.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Bazaarvoice connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal. From search and discovery to purchase and advocacy, Bazaarvoice’s solutions reach in-market shoppers, personalize their experiences, and give them the confidence to buy. Each month in the Bazaarvoice Network, more than a billion consumers view and share authentic content including reviews, questions and answers, and social photos across 6,200 brand and retail websites.
Bazaarvoice completed the acquisition of Influenster in August 2019 and with the 2 companies coming together we are able to create an even more attractive proposition for our clients.
Influenster is a digital destination where consumers discover products and reviews that enable them to make well-informed purchase decisions with over 6 million members who have written over 38 million product reviews.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, and Australia. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 6,200 brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Last year, 135K reviews were submitted each day.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.