Manager, Cloud Engineering
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Who We Want:
Bazaarvoice is seeking a dynamic and driven person that loves cloud infrastructure, automation and leading a team of globally distributed engineers. The team is charged with promoting cloud best practices and providing a suite of self-service capabilities, so engineering teams can effectively and efficiently deliver value to our customers.
- Empower and support an awesome team of globally distributed engineers through active development and coaching.
- Optimize and innovate current state and define future states of existing and new cloud infrastructure and platform services, considering security, resilience and cost.
- Promote the use of cloud best practices that will improve the developer experience, on-boarding new engineers and healthy cloud governance.
- Coordinate and participate in fiscal budget planning and vendor management as it relates to cloud engineering.
- Understand demand on the team and collaborate on potential experiments that will help reduce support burden and improve the balance between providing engineer support and delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with the team on the refinement, sizing and scheduling of work.
Skills and experience necessary for the role:
- Minimum 3 years of managing a globally distributed engineering team
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, operations and administration.
- Minimum 3 years experience with cloud automation using CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, TravisCI or Harness.io
- Minimum 2 years experience with managing serverless architecture (Lambda), container orchestration (Kubernetes) and containers (Docker)
- Experience with at least one language like Python, Go, Ruby, Java or Scala
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation, Terraform
Desired skills for this role:
- Experience with Lean Kanban
- Hands on experience using JIRA.
- An avid learner. A problem solver.
- Brings energy, passion and creativity to work every day.
- Direct experience in large, complex SaaS-based environments
- Managing distributed systems spanning multiple AWS regions / data-centers
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.