Magento Platform Architect - eCommerce Startup
America – Portfolio Companies
merQbiz® is a well-funded, early-stage eCommerce startup located in Manhattan Beach (greater Los Angeles area), California. We are on a mission to transform the B2B eCommerce customer experience by directly connecting verified buyers and sellers and placing consistent control of pricing, product quality, and logistics into their hands.
merQbiz® is a joint venture between Voith GmbH, an Engineering firm which started as a small craftsman shop making tooling & spare parts for mills more than 190 years ago and has since grown to $4.6 billion USD annual revenue while remaining a family-owned enterprise, and BCG Digital Ventures, the corporate innovation, incubation, and investment arm of The Boston Consulting Group.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will serve as the Lead Magento Developer, contributing to both front-end and back-end platform development.
Compelling reasons to consider joining our Engineering team:
- A chance to build something from scratch, scale it to potentially millions of users, and make a positive impact on the environment
- A chance to improve your skills, knowledge, and expertise in the latest open-source technologies (e.g. Zend, Docker containers, etc.) and lean startup, AGILE methodology
- Generous vacation policy: You'll start with Three (3) weeks of annual paid time off (PTO) PLUS ten (10) annual paid holidays
- Competitive compensation including recognition bonus programs
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
- Collaborative, innovative startup work environment, located less than two miles from a warm Southern California beach
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing architectural solutions and designs for Magento implementations
- Providing technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains
- Working with developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational data analysis goals.
- Recommending modern technology stacks to meet the aforementioned goals and guiding engineering team's migration toward their implementation
- Participating in configuring the architecture, and advising engineering teams on its efficient use
- Leading the work stream, as a team lead, and managing components of the work plan/project
- Utilizing analytical, process, and technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope
- Developing, debugging, and optimizing complex integrations with 3rd party applications
- Developing PHP code to integrate web services / API's (SOAP, XML-RPC, REST)
- Identifying and fully addressing fraud and site security issues
- Implementing and customizing off-the-shelf Magento extensions and developing custom Magento EE extensions
- Working with front-end and back-end web developers to implement custom Magento extensions and features
- Addressing user concerns and insights in a timely manner
- Implementation and maintenance of a multi-region infrastructure on AWS
- Migrating platform from v1.4 EE to v2.x
- 5+ years of hands-on Magento development & implementation experience
- Deep understanding of Magento’s ORM architecture, EAV, Zend integration, and MVC (Model View Controller) paradigm
- Experience building custom Magento modules, Blocks, Observers, Controllers, Models, Helpers, and SQL updates
- MySQL/MariaDB/Percona architecting and support experience
- Successful track record of AWS/cloud infrastructure deployments
- Proven experience across the full project life-cycle (from initiation through to realization) using agile methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including excellent listening and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
- Experience in delivering customer oriented features within defined timeframes
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Magento internationalization (i18n/L10n) experience preferred, though not required
We are only able to consider candidates with existing U.S. Employment Authorization (e.g. existing H1B, Permanent Resident card, U.S. Citizenship) at this time. We utilize the E-Verify system to verify U.S. Employment Authorization.
MERQBIZ® AND BCG DIGITAL VENTURES ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
To learn more, visit us at www.merQbiz.com
To apply, visit https://jobs.lever.co/bcg/53f9c01c-d082-46c3-8b52-fb34b18e950c