Venture Architect Intern- Graduate
America – US Interns
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business strategists, researchers, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
We are looking for students currently pursuing an MBA. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience to work on one of our current Ventures.
Venture Architect Overview.
Our venture architects are a group of world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists and designers. They determine how our ventures will grow and disrupt industries, and they develop operative blueprints by designing the marketing, pricing and operational structures needed to commercialize new products and businesses.During your internship,you’ll work with and be mentored by other Venture Architects, and you’ll take responsibility for specific components of a venture. As a team member, you’ll gain a 360-degree perspective on life at BCG DV – from working on ventures and participating in product stand-ups to socializing with colleagues.
How you thinkYou balance problem-solving and creative-ideation techniques to surface innovative and disruptive ideas. Though you're a leader and teammate first, you act like an owner and founder, bringing an entrepreneurial mindset and energy to the work of launching and pivoting products and businesses. When it comes to partnerships, you thrive on negotiation and analysis.
How you workDefining operating models and the scale and structure of ventures motivates every decision you make. You identify business model options for startup ventures and define their commercial launch and go-to-market strategies. You manage all of the deals that build your business and constantly assess the competitive landscape from a product design, business model and marketing perspective.
As a Venture Architect Intern, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA from an accredited university
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Creative problem solver
- 3+ years’ experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling
- A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
As a Venture Architect intern, you will use your skills to:
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
- Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
- Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
Additional Valued Capabilities Include:
- Design or product development expertise including prototyping and testing
- Exposure to Venture Capital
- Demonstrated leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.