CTO - Stealth Vehicle Service Platform startup
America – Portfolio Companies
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale an automotive service startup that could transform the consumer vehicle ownership experience. The vision is an end-to-end vehicle service platform that connects consumers with repair shops leveraging the industry’s most advance data platform. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized automotive companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $50B US auto repair industry and targets to touch over 100M cars in the US alone, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional CTO to join the executive leadership team and align business and technology strategy to drive the success of this disruptive startup in the automotive service space.
Lead Technical Strategy
· Set the technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and strategies.
Build Great Talent & Teams
· Attract and retain a team of world-class engineers
· Establish a high performing, one-team engineering culture emphasizing innovation, growth, and development
Win in the Marketplace
· Drive continuous product improvement.
· Identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success.
· Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms to drive growth, profitability and company value.
Execute with Excellence
· Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
· Proactively mitigate business, operational and governance risks.
o Ensure all internal processes and external services comply with security and privacy regulations
o Develop an enterprise-wide information security plan to ensure security of all company assets and dataEstablish enterprise-wide disaster recovery and continuity plan
· Build an efficient and agile end-to-end application infrastructure, with best practices in software estimation and delivery
· Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
Disrupt & Innovate
· Consistent development of the technical roadmap to remain ahead of the market.
· Provide expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product.
Mobilize Stakeholders, Inspire by Meaning & Purpose
· Drive ecosystem partnerships and relationships as senior technical expert to drive growth.
· Evangelize technical vision and strategy in the marketplace, and communicate to employees and shareholders
· Establish credibility throughout ecosystem as a technology evangelist to drive authentic engagement to galvanize engineering team to create and drive technical solutions to core business challenges.
Desired Expertise and Experience
· Start-up leadership experience (prefer high growth company with funding and 50+ employees)
· 10+ years software engineering experience in agile development environment
· Strong use and direct familiarity with lightweight technology stacks, micro-services, etc.
· Proven track record of demonstrating ability to scale and build large engineering teams from scratch (5+ years building & managing engineering teams)
· Proven track record of bringing highly-rated mobile and web applications to market in a startup environment
· Experience managing engineering teams of 5 years or more, preferably at a high growth tech company
· Experience with software best practices in:
o Continuous integration/continuous deployment
o Middleware/ ESB/ software design patterns
· Relevant technology experience:
o Big Data, AI, machine learning and/or analytics of 3 years or more
o Digital marketplace
· Working knowledge of key technologies along the tech stack, such as:
o Android, iOS
o AWS, Azure
· Relevant industry experience with:
o Digital Marketplaces
o Automotive Service Providers
o Automotive OEMs