Senior Venture Build Associate
America – Growth Marketing
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We build ventures for the world's most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing 55 Degrees, our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology. 55 Degrees, our Venture Build Team consists of world-class leaders, growth hackers and business operators.
Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
In a startup, the post-funding shift from incubation to commercialization involves countless decisions that must be made. Consideration must be given to the right software systems to run the business, including systemizing the entire customer-facing workflow. Legal, financial systems, HR systems, facilities and insurance requirements for the business must be determined. We empower our Ventures (Newcos) with strategic guidance and a comprehensive build process. Using our deep operational expertise to guide new companies towards launch and commercialization, we provide the playbook on how to set-up and operate a business.
As a Senior Venture Build Associate, you will use your experience to:
- Evaluate and define NewCo business requirements to provide recommendations on appropriate processes, systems and equipment across business orgs such as Customer Operations, HR, Finance and Compliance.
- Design company systems and setups for legal compliance and business operations.
- Project manage the implementation of systems and processes throughout a venture build.
- Develop operational playbooks that support the creation and growth of new businesses by laying the foundation for legal, finance and business operations.
- Research new and disruptive tools and vendors, providing recommendations for a portfolio of solutions for incremental stages to support scale.
As a Senior Venture Build Associate, you will have the following experience:
- 5 to 8 years of senior business operations experience within the high-growth, digital startup space.
- A master’s degree (MBA or equivalent study) preferred.
- A proven track record of implementing successful systems for people and business operations, preferably in an early-stage startup environment.
- Strong working knowledge of operational infrastructure areas including customer onboarding, payroll and compensation, accounting and how to develop scalable processes.
- Expert project management skills and familiarity with common tech-forward project-management tools such as Trello, Asana and Jira.
- Experience setting up or configuring CRM systems such as Salesforce.com, Zoho, Pipedrive, etc.
- Expert MS Office skills, particularly MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
An ideal Senior Venture Build Associate has:
- A passion and enthusiasm for building great companies.
- Fearless scrappiness to proactively identify problems and take initiative to solve them without waiting to be given instructions.
- Excellent analytical skills and a data-driven approach to all solutions.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills and the ability to collaborate successfully with a wide range of teams and seniority levels.
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment.
To learn more, visit us at http://careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website atBCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.