Sr. QA Engineer, eCommerce Startup
America – Portfolio Companies
merQbiz® is a well-funded, early-stage eCommerce startup located in Manhattan Beach (greater Los Angeles area), California. We are on a mission to transform the B2B eCommerce customer experience by directly connecting verified buyers and sellers and placing consistent control of pricing, product quality, and logistics into their hands.
merQbiz® is a joint venture between Voith GmbH, an Engineering firm which started as a small craftsman shop making tooling & spare parts for mills more than 190 years ago and has since grown to $4.6 billion USD annual revenue while remaining a family-owned enterprise, and BCG Digital Ventures, the corporate innovation, incubation, and investment arm of The Boston Consulting Group.
merQbiz® is seeking a Sr. QA Engineer with expertise in Security (e.g. Penetration) and functionality (e.g. smoke and/or sanity) testing along with a passion for creating a world-class user experience.
You will be working with Magento Enterprise deployed to multiple environments using cutting edge orchestration tools on AWS. Employing open-source tools to manage a container-based infrastructure, the platform and processes enable engineers to code, build and deploy in a transparent and efficient manner with an Agile team. Growth will lead to deployment, scale and internationalization requirements supporting enterprise customers engaging across multiple markets.
As a Sr. QA Engineer, you will:
- Perform User Acceptance Testing of the functional requirements on our e-Commerce site across multiple browsers and devices
- Concurrently with testing, analyze site for Quality Assurance and assist in defining and developing enhancements to the user experience
- Identify and track bugs, issues and improvements by entering tickets for developers
- Report results, test metrics, etc. to Director of Engineering.
- Outline and analyze potential issues by identifying fringe use cases and gaps in testing procedure
- Collaborate with the rest of the e-Commerce team to ensure the quality of delivered website builds as well as ensuring timely bug, error and improvement tracking
- Assist in developing new UAT test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts
- Content implementation for products, pages and features
- Site analysis leveraging Web Analytics & Attribution platforms
- Competitive analysis focusing on improvements and enhancements to the user experience
To succeed in this role, you will need 4+ years of experience in most of the following areas:
- Penetration testing
- Smoke tests
- Boundary tests
- Selenium with WebDriver
- Automated testing / functional testing / manual testing
- Regression testing
- SQL injection
- Black box testing
- End-to-end testing
- Risk assessment
- Buisiness continuity
- HockeyApp, TestFlight, Crashlytics, Fabric
- Android Studio
- Load testing
As a Sr. QA Engineer, you will also need the following expertise, skills, and traits:
- Proficiency in Software Lifecycle Testing and/or Development (STLC / SDLC)
- Experience in an e-Commerce environment, preferably Magento
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Have an eye for user centric design and user experience
- Knowledge of e-Commerce platforms, particularly those based on PHP
- Knowledge of web browser specific functionalities and features
- Ability to collaborate effectively and actively with development, content, marketing & operations teams
- Ability to effectively manage time, multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
As with all merQbiz® full-time Engineering roles, this position offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, a collaborative work environment, and recognition programs including bonus opportunities along with a beautiful office located less than two miles from a warm Southern California beach.
We are only able to consider candidates with existing U.S. Employment Authorization (e.g. existing H1B, Permanent Resident card, U.S. Citizenship) at this time. We utilize the E-Verify system to verify U.S. Employment Authorization.
MERQBIZ® AND BCG DIGITAL VENTURES ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
To learn more, visit us at www.merQbiz.com
To apply, visit https://jobs.lever.co/bcg/86e14e5f-2624-4dc7-9977-ac1a0a6157e9