US Commercial Finance Manager
America – Venture Operations
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs,designers,engineers,venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team
Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what's possible. It's where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to build compelling products, services and ventures by building and advising on internal tools and systems for DV and our Ventures
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
Under the guidance of the Global Commercial Finance Manager, the US Commercial Finance Manager is responsible for managing the US Commercial Finance team.
This position requires a “hands on” person who is flexible, hard-working and able to work well in a dynamic team setting. As the a revenue expert, you will understand the qualities it takes to run a local team while ensuring revenue is recoded appropriately in Fees for Service contracts and supporting US operations in the challenging and complex world of revenue recognition for venture creation.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the revenue recognition function in the US including revenue forecasting.
- Developing deal constructs and financial models that address corporate partner’s and DV’s economic and strategic interests.
- Developing reporting capabilities in revenue, pricing and investment areas ensuring alignment with overall company strategy and meets the needs of local geographies.
- Contributing to the enhanced performance of the firm.
- Continually seeking to improve finance processes.
As a US Commercial Finance Manager, you will use your skills to/for:
- Revenue Management
- Own end to end revenue recognition process including understanding of deferred revenue recognition schemes and licensing agreements.
- Full understanding of all revenue streams and implications to our financial performance and risk management, ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance with rules under GAAP and BCG/DV policies.
- Responsible for Client analysis, including relationship overviews, return on investments and weekly case management reporting.
- Develop the right set of reporting to measure our pricing performance, includes developing KPI to help understand dynamics and actions to be taken to improve performance.
- Responsible for consolidating backlog and pipeline process and revenue forecasting
- Prepare periodic revenue reports for various firm operating committees.
- Maintain internal control documentation for revenue recognition and support for audit process.
- Oversee monthly reconciliations of all revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable accounts and WIP providing accurate reporting to Partners and Global Finance Manager.
- Collaborate with US Regional Managing Partner and US People and Operations Director to create impactful presentations and analyses.
- Pricing and deal support
- Help to operationalize deal constructs that address corporate partner’s and DV’s economic and strategic interests.
- Supports deal execution as it relates to the fee business, coordinating with partners and BCG finance, legal, and corporate development teams as needed.
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that local practices comply with BCG policies and local requirements.
- Enhance internal controls, continuously seeking to reengineer local business process to obtain efficiencies, which is inclusive of, but not limited to assisting with local development and implementation of financial applications.
- Ensuring adequate internal control and compliance and that all transactions and processes are in compliance with local law.
- Leadership and People Development
- Lead, coach and develop the Business analyst teams in US.
- Define objectives, identify and coach team to improve on development areas.
- Effective leader with experience in managing a mid-sized team.
- Strong managerial skills, including people management and process management
- Ability to be hands-on and highly detail oriented.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP in the area of revenue recognition, preferably in a software and/or services environment
- Demonstrate a curiosity for solving problems, and initiative in finding ways to get things done more efficiently.
- Client service-oriented.
- Strong listening, feedback, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Can empathize with people’s needs, concerns and goals, and have a genuine interest in the field operations.
- Comfortable communicating with the senior leadership team either at the local level; able to communicate fluently.
As a US Commercial Finance Manager, we are looking for someone with:
- At least 8+ with experience in revenue recognition management for a professional services company.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics/Finance or Business or MBA, preferably with emphasis on Finance.
- CPA is highly preferred.
- Experience working in a Big 4 Public Accounting firm is highly preferred.
As a US Commercial Finance Manager, you will need:
- Individual must demonstrate leadership qualities and be willing to take a hands on approach.
- Strong analytical skills, structured and accurate.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment that has short-term shifts in priorities to meet a diverse customer base, while providing the appropriate level of visibility to the Global Commercial Finance Manager.
- System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases; preferable with Oracle, HFM and Business Objects experience.
- Excellent people manager able to motivate and develop the local teams and surface challenges through the appropriate channels.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Trustworthy, able to be deal with confidential information.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.