America – Operations
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We live in thrilling and disruptive times. A new start-up launches every 60 seconds somewhere on the planet. Powerful technology and agile operating structures are shifting the world’s business landscape at a breakneck pace.
We believe that the world’s most influential corporations need to set this pace, not follow it. So, we make them think and act like start-ups, venturing alongside them to build disruptive, profoundly impactful ideas.
Once you step into one of our global hubs, you’ll meet like-minded, open thinkers and passionate pioneers. You’ll work together in a team-based environment defined by creativity, courage and collaboration. And, you’ll invent and start-up game-changing businesses with the world’s most important corporations every day.
We’re a company unlike any other. We’re driven by a team of brilliant, curious and passionate people around the world who are unlike anyone else.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team.
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
Working as part of a flexible team, provide high-level executive and general office support in a demanding, fast-paced professional services environment. The primary goals are to leverage the executives’ time, support the broader team, and successfully serve BCG’s clients.
As an Executive Assistant, you will use your skills to:
Activities may vary depending on the individuals supported and the existing workload, and support assignments may change at any time. The duties described below make up a typical, but not necessarily complete, list:
Provide high-level executive support for senior executives and consulting staff (80%):
- Manage complex calendars with an understanding of business priorities
- Arrange client, case team, and other meetings
- Anticipate and coordinate executives’ point-to-point travel needs
- Handle and direct inbound phone calls
- Draft and archive correspondence
- Conduct research and gather information from public sources across multiple industries; synthesize and package results
- Prepare and submit Partners’ time and expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain executives’ files
- Provide backup support to other executives on a regular basis when needed
- Other activities as required
Other responsibilities (10%):
- General office duties including, but not limited to, Receptionist and Office Services when back-up is needed
- Preparation of packages for FedEx or courier as needed
- Actively participate in EA/AA team meetings
- Maintain consistent schedule of communication and feedback with executives
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Five years related experience, with at least two to three years’ experience supporting individuals at the executive level strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007
- Overtime may be required
- Strong service orientation and sensitivity in responding to customer needs
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- High degree of flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle difficult situations with poise, understanding and tact
- Ability to handle competing priorities, keeping constant sight of the overall objectives
- Resourceful with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective and empathetic leadership and team management experience
- Willingness to perform a wide range of services from routine tasks to unique analyses
- High degree of integrity, a positive attitude, and the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Decisive, pragmatic, fair and reason-minded
- A confident communicator
- A motivator and team player
- Unflappable and thick-skinned, with the personal fortitude to push back when necessary
- The courage and confidence to create an environment where people are comfortable speaking up
- The ability to settle disagreements as they arise
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG’s values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple labor laws and cultures
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.