CEO - Stealth B2B Logistics startup
America – Portfolio Companies
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
We are getting ready to launch and scale a logistics marketplace startup that could transform the experience around outsourced fulfillment. The vision is a technology platform that connects merchants seeking warehousing and fulfillment with 3PLs and warehouse operators whose capabilities match their needs. For merchants, we enable easy access to a turnkey nationwide fulfillment network of independent warehouses via a single portal that embeds inventory and order management. For 3PLs, we enable one-stop demand acquisition and no-integration customer onboarding via an intuitive, end-to-end, cloud-based warehouse management system. Standardized and simplified terms, operating procedures, and pricing replace long negotiations, complex set up processes, and lengthy contract commitments, enabling both merchants and 3PLs to quickly set up and flexibly scale on the platform. Ultimately we help merchants deliver goods to their customers faster, and help 3PLs grow their customer base and monetize excess capacity.
Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized logistics companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $275B US warehousing industry, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for an exceptional CEO who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end-to-end success of this disruptive startup.
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale; including long-term goals. Drive growth, profitability and company value.
Build Great Talent & Teams
- Attract, retain & develop world-class talent, including recruitment of full leadership team
- Cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
Win the Marketplace
- Drive continuous improvement
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities
Disrupt & Innovate
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market
- Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including operations, sales & product
- Regularly report updates to Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth
Inspire Meaning & Purpose
- Serve as chief external spokesperson and public champion for the business
- Establish credibility throughout the customer and partner network by authentic engagement to galvanize company to create & drive solutions to core business challenges
Desired Expertise and Experience
- +5 years of experience (within last 7 years) leading and scaling a high growth start-up, preferably company with funding and 50+ employees
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level or head of significant BU
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams from the ground up, ideally in current roles
- Prior working experience in developing digital products and solutions or experience in digital transformation projects with a traditional company/industry
- 2~3 years of relevant industry experience in the following: E-commerce with focus on B2B or digital marketplaces / Logistics & Supply chain (3PL, warehousing, shipping)
- Experience in managing Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders to keep regular updates on business performance and progress