Senior Data Scientist
America – Engineering
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth
- Create data segmentation and modeling
- Build innovative data products (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
Specifically, though, we need you to have experience with:
- Techniques like: Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, and Graph Theory
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming)
- Working with clients and executives
Additional valued capabilities include:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.