HR Business Partner
America – Venture Operations
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team.
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to join our US HR team and function as a strategic partner to our senior leadership and employees across our four US locations. The HR Business Partner, in parallel to other HR Business Partners, will be advising the senior leadership of specific cohorts (functions) in the areas of talent development, employee relations, people strategy. The HR Business Partner will also be the first point of contact for the employees in the specific cohort for any HR issues or questions they have. The role will work closely with the rest of the US HR team.
As HR Business Partner, you will be a key thought partner for the senior cohort leadership and employees on:
- People development - defining functional L&D needs and work with L&D team to execute; Performance Improvement Plans; participate in the Performance & Growth Committee
- Strategic workforce planning - succession planning; cohort structure; assist in building capacity / headcount plan for cohort
- Employee relations – on-boarding; employee well-being; conflict management; mobility; support immigration process together with Legal team
- Community and culture - Fostering a cohort culture and community; instigate events to build connections, e.g. socials, birthday celebrations, offsites
- HR Projects – collaborate with other HR team members on the development of the HR function with functional
- Comp & Ben – advise leadership on compensation structure and individual changes; communication of benefits changes to cohort
- Employee engagement – analyze semiannual engagement survey for cohort and facilitate action planning and pulse check
Key Competencies for this role:
- Has a profound understanding and knowledge of HR processes and frameworks
- Very strong working knowledge of applicable US Federal, State and Local employment laws
- Resolves complex issues/problems independently and collaboratively with sound judgment
- Is able to perform and outline advanced HR data analytics to effectively inform decision making
- Can effectively synthesize the key drivers of a problem to a diverse audiences and work with a multi stakeholder group to get to a productive outcome
- Structures, plans and prioritizes work/projects effectively (for the short and long term)
- Demonstrates very strong communication skills; oral, written and active listening
- Works positively and collaboratively across all levels of the organization and in teams; builds strong and lasting relationships
- Identifies and manages conflict appropriately; coaches others in effective conflict management
- Is able to effectively generate buy-in and consensus for plans in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Creates positive and productive work environment and values contribution of others
- Proven track record of coaching and developing team members
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Treats all others with respect, generates trust
- Performs role with highest level of integrity
- Aligns individual goals with firm goals; represents BCG and DV well; protects the firm's interests
Technical and functional HR expertise
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
Values and ethics
We are looking for someone with:
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; HR specialization is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of CA labor law required – certification or degree is a plus
- 5+ years of overall business experience with 3+ years in a human resources management p
- 2+ years of experience preferably in a fast growing digital / tech company or professional services company (at least 200 employees)
- PHR or SPHR certification is appreciated
- Prior experience in a professional services organization is a plus
- Experience working in a dynamic/multi-stakeholder environment – can give examples of personally driving impact without being the most senior authority
- Awareness of current HR practices, standards and innovations
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify