Lead Data Scientist
America – Engineering
Come to Manhattan Beach, CA for the Best Job in Technology
BCG Digital Ventures has a Lead Data Scientist position at its Manhattan Beach, California, office for an exceptional candidate who’s truly excited to be on the cutting edge of technology and business.
Here’s Your New Opportunity
We’re a global team of the most accomplished designers, engineers, and product experts you’ll find anywhere. The new business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
In your role as the Lead Data Scientist at BCG Digital Ventures, you will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products (e.g., real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders.
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the BCG Digital Ventures team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
As a Lead Data Scientist You Will Have the Following Experience:
- Techniques like: Machine Learning, NLP, Graph Theory, AI
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, or Scala
- A MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- Leading and managing a team of data scientists
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Collaborating with engineering teams to develop prototypes and software products that can be deployed across varied environments (e.g.: cloud, on-premises, devices, etc.)
- Big Data and Fast Data (i.e.: real time streaming)
- Working with clients and executives
Additional Desired Competencies:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related area
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, including expertise in recommendation systems, personalization, collaborative filtering and content based filtering
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language
- Ability to work with dashboard and visualization software such as Tableau, D3, Mixpanel, Flurry or Google Analytics
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.