General Manager - Stealth Startup Launchpad
America – Portfolio Companies
Opening a New Horizon For Venture Creation
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
This new venture creation model enables our corporate partners to unlock capital and deploy new businesses to market. Weaving in the best of venture capital, incubators, and corporate innovation, we deliver rapid innovation, product development, and return on capital for vertical growth. With significant capital backing from one of the world's largest financial institutions, this venture actively seeks to go beyond banking in opening new markets and opportunities.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who will work with the board of directors and own the end to end success of this disruptive startup.
What does the GM do?
• Set the vision of the overall strategy of the venture innovation vehicle from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and go to market strategies.
• Drive venture growth, profitability and business value through strategic investments and operating leadership
• Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruptions.
• Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities.
• Build industry partnerships & relationships to amplify impact.
• Drive relationship with board of directors and align on guiding strategies for investment vehicle
Execute with Excellence
• Identify, prioritize, and conduct thorough due diligence on business opportunities for investments and direct venture creation
• Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, engineering & product.
• Own P&L and cash flow.
• Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks.
• Accelerate success for invested businesses through guidance, governance, and partnership development efforts
Build Great Talent & Teams
• Attract, retain & develop world-class talent.
• Cultivate a high-performing, innovative, one-team culture.
Desired Expertise and Experience
• 15+ years’ experience in driving tech incubators
• Experience and positive track records with corporate mergers, acquisitions, and public offerings
• Successful track record running corporate venture or investment fund of 50-150M
• Has raised significant funding to launch investment funds (e.g. ~€200 million in funding over 5 years)
• Experienced a positive track record of overseeing and executing an incubator company in accordance with European and US regulatory systems
• Track record growing early stage start-ups to sustainability and successful exit
• Experience with two or more of the following topics: beyond banking, Gen Y/Z and banking, global markets, Corporate Banking
• Ability to negotiate contracts & terms in multiple funding rounds and exits (e.g. IPO, M&A, Corp Buy-out)
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website atBCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.