Senior Venture Architect
America – Venture Architect
POSITION OVERVIEW: SENIOR VENTURE ARCHITECT
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Architect Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Architect Team consists of world-class business leaders, corporate strategists, product specialists and designers. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Senior Venture Architect, you will use your skills to:
- Demonstrate leadership across all stages of the BCG Digital Ventures business model, including innovation, product development, incubation and commercialization
- Explore and analyze markets and trends in the industry
- Perform competitive analysis and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Size the existing customer market, as well as identify trends and relative positioning
- Analyze start-up deal flow to understand imminent disruptions and identify tech acceleration opportunities
- Establish key performance indicators for venture outcomes while also defining the business model and case for new ventures, products and services
- Define the business model options and case for new ventures, products and services
- Develop the economic model and business plan for new ventures, products and services
- Test and validate assumptions while creating a sensitivity analysis for key drivers
- Assess internal capabilities and capacities to develop a sourcing strategy
- Create the framing report (an overview and explanation of the project scope, objective and hypothesis) for new initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategic Design and Product Development leads, as well as clients, to define a minimum viable business build (or product / service)
- Plan and deliver new ventures, products and services
- Identify required partners for regulatory requirements or support needs
- Create intellectual property, points of view and industry/ topic platforms
- Contribute to the development of thought leadership across a range of emerging business, technology and design topics
Business Development and IP Creation (outside of Venture work)
As a Senior Venture Architect, you will need:
- 5-7 years experience with strategy development, business planning and future visioning, as well as quantitative and economic modeling (preferred)
- Design or product development expertise
- A background in product prototyping and testing
- A bachelor’s degree (business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
- A master’s degree (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent study)
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.