Senior Venture Build Architect
Manhattan Beach, CA
Americas – Growth
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Venture Build at BCGDV
In a startup, the post-funding shift from incubation to commercialization involves countless decisions that must be made. The BCGDV Growth Cohort consists of world-class leaders, growth hackers and business operators who stand up our ventures with the strategies, systems and processes to drive rapid scale. We empower our Ventures (Newcos) with strategic guidance and a comprehensive build process. Using our deep operational expertise to guide new companies towards launch and commercialization, we provide the playbook on how to set-up and operate a business.
In your role you will...
- Evaluate and define business requirements for new startup companies to provide recommendations on appropriate processes, systems and equipment across business orgs such as Customer Operations, HR, Finance and Compliance
- Design company systems and setups for legal compliance and business operations
- Project manage the implementation of systems and processes throughout a venture build
- Develop operational playbooks that support the creation and growth of new businesses by laying the foundation for legal, finance and business operations
- Research new and disruptive tools and vendors, providing recommendations for a portfolio of solutions for incremental stages to support scale
You should have...
- 5 to 8+ years of senior business operations experience within the high-growth, digital startup space
- Willingness to travel as needed
- A master’s degree or equivalent experience
- A proven track record of implementing successful systems for people and business operations, preferably in an early-stage startup environment
- Strong working knowledge of operational infrastructure areas including customer onboarding, payroll and compensation, accounting and how to develop scalable processes
- Expert project management skills and familiarity with common tech-forward project-management tools such as Trello, Asana and Jira
- Experience setting up or configuring Salesforce.com
- Expert MS Office skills, particularly MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Additional desired competencies are...
- A passion and enthusiasm for building great companies
- Fearless scrappiness to proactively identify problems and take initiative to solve them without waiting to be given instructions
- Excellent analytical skills and a data-driven approach to all solutions
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills and the ability to collaborate successfully with a wide range of teams and seniority levels
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.