Software Engineer, Business Support
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Software Engineers with a passion for solving problems while delighting customers along the way. The team’s mission is to leverage their insight to continually improve our products by working with a diverse set of technologies. Solving these problems requires close collaboration with both internal and external customers, an ability to deep dive into code, and a propensity for improving software.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an engineer that’s passionate about understanding products and how they’re used. You’re excited to take an existing codebase to the next level and iterate projects towards quality and reliability. You’re a skilled communicator, and you’re willing to work closely with stakeholders to ensure we’re providing the best possible experience.
What You Will Do:
- Represent the engineering organization by working with customers to understand and resolve their issues as they arise
- Become highly knowledgeable about our products and tech stack to provide fixes, enhancements, and quality improvements for all of Beam’s products
- Advocate for prioritization of changes by proactively identifying recurring issues and surfacing them
- Work alongside platform and site reliability teams to achieve a high level of technical excellence in the domains of stability, security, and observability
- Create tooling and automation to enable developer support at scale
- Establish best practices and documentation for using Beam's software to better customer experience and empower end users
- Leverage your communication skills, technical curiosity and problem solving expertise to benefit our tech stack and Beam’s products
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building either Ruby or React applications
- Experience using developer tools, SaaS tooling, and error logs to diagnose and troubleshoot software issues
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot a web services technology stack
- Experience working with or supporting relational databases
- Working knowledge of source control (Git)
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.