EDI Enrollment Processor
Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the EDI Enrollment Processor, you will be supporting all stakeholders who utilize file feed or file exchange to process enrollments. You will proactively monitor new setups and review error reporting on existing setups. You will work to resolve errors quickly and accurately and ensure our customers have the support they need throughout their journey with us. Your work will directly impact the customer enrollment experience with Beam!
What You Will Bring:
You enjoy working with data and systems that consume data. Your attention to details drives how you work and you do a great job balancing speed and accuracy. You like digging in when a problem occurs and enjoy troubleshooting to resolve the root cause. You thrive in a team environment, displaying critical thinking skills and the ability to problem-solve while providing superior customer support in both reactive and proactive ways. You also understand the importance of ongoing monitoring and process improvement. The care for your work is important and will be recognized by our stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Process and Implement EDI integration setups and enrollments
- Review new and existing group enrollment files proactively for accuracy
- Resolve any opportunities and issues by reaching out to impacted stakeholders for clarification
- Verify enrollment status, makes changes to records, research and resolve enrollment system errors
- Answer and process a high-volume of incoming Enrollment questions or issues in a supportive, empowering and innovative manner, meeting and exceeding all SLA and KPI expectations
- Take ownership of all enrollment tickets including issues, both simple and complex, and resolve them quickly and completely, utilizing best-in-class service
- Collaborates with other members of the Group Operations team to identify, streamline, and implement process standards that enhance service delivery and customer experience for our Groups in regards to our enrollment processes
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude when providing regular updates toward both internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience in EDI support
- Experience in health insurance EDI
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, driven to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications
- Works well in a team centered environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated track record of consistently surpassing individual and team goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read:sometimes chaotic) environment
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.