Sr. Market Development Executive
Business Development / Sales
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The Senior Market Development Executive (Sr. MDE) is a key sales role at Beam, responsible for introducing Beam to a brand new territory and establishing as many partnerships as possible with brokerages in that territory. This starts with discovery and pursuit of new prospective brokerages and working with them to help them understand Beam's differentiators in order to expand their business. A variety of tactics (e.g. phone, email, live meetings, drop-ins) are deployed in order to develop the relationship and educate brokers in order to work through a high volume of proposals to win new clients. The goal is to both establish a high number of broker partners as well as secure repeat business from some brokers as quickly as possible. Once the territory is "established," the Sr. MDE will transition it to a Broker Success Manager and then open a new territory.
At a high-growth company like Beam, there is an expectation of every role to continually contribute to improve processes and best practices internally, and our data-driven approach requires a high level of organization and accuracy of sales data -- both are true for the Sr. MDE as well. In addition, the Sr. MDE will be expected to informally mentor and support MDEs in nearby geographical regions through coaching as well as participating in key broker development as needed.
We need Sr. MDEs who can quickly learn the dental insurance business and can help lead Beam's growth in a new market. A successful Sr. MDE thinks strategically and executes tactically, adapts quickly and does whatever it takes to succeed. Ultimately, MDEs are the primary driver of new geographic expansion for Beam, helping us meet and surpass sales goals and contribute to Beam's rapid growth.
Role can be based at headquarters in Columbus, OH or nationwide.
- Achieving sales and profitability goals in line with the overall company strategy and growth plan
- Execute Beam's repeatable process in order to quickly develop a new market; This involves heavy activity including phone calls, remote intros, travel for live intros, attendance at / sponsorship of networking events and a range of other tactics
- Establish and expand productive and professional relationships with independent and regional brokerage partners in your territory then quickly translate those into new Beam clients
- Maintain accurate sales data to inform future sales process improvements and create efficiency across the team and new markets
- Help train and support MDEs in a region to ensure they succeed in meeting their market development goals
- Stay up-to-date with new product and feature launches and ensure your broker partners are informed
- Gather feedback from key partners to collaborate cross-functionally to refine processes, products and materials to meet emerging needs of your broker partners
- Know your numbers - continually drive toward activity and sales targets in order to ensure you're on track to meet goals; dig into the data with sales leadership to ensure your territory is and your broker partners are quickly trending toward success
Other qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- 10+ years B2B Sales experience in a high-volume capacity; channel sales (e.g. through brokers) a major plus
- Experience directly managing or coaching salespeople not required, but highly preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new industries (e.g. dental insurance) and adapt to new sales processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- A track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals consistently, ideally in a high growth environment
- History of sales success while working independently, either via travel or a remote position
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach or other CRM / sales tools
- Medical sales, benefits, HR, or brokerage experience not required, though a major plus
- Experience with new technology products and platforms highly preferred
- Flexibility to work long and unconventional hours and wIllingness to travel 25-50%.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should drive top line revenue and profitability while continuing Beam's trajectory as the fastest growing dental benefits company in history. Success in this role means building territories from scratch while delivering on annual individual sales goals which create long-term value for Beam!
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.