Senior DevOps Engineer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for experienced DevOps engineers with a passion for building and supporting a DevOps culture. By creating tooling and process, you will help our developers share responsibility for our infrastructure, environments, and build and deploy systems.
What you will bring:
You’re an experienced DevOps engineer who believes strongly in shared ownership of infrastructure and related tooling. You have worked closely with developers to design, build, and support service-oriented architectures. You believe in spreading DevOps knowledge throughout the engineering organization, by focusing on building tools and process that enable development teams to own their infrastructure and breakdown typical DevOps silos.
What you will do:
- Transition Beam's production infrastructure from a hosted solution to a self managed AWS environment.
- Work with developers to design scalable systems that keep pace with Beam’s rapid growth.
- Support the product teams in monitoring production cloud infrastructure. Build out additional monitoring/tracing capabilities as we identify needs.Build and maintain tooling for managing production and testing environments.
- Develop documentation and training to onboard and level-up the DevOps knowledge within the organization.
- Work closely with devs to shape the direction of our infrastructure and tooling and position us well for future innovation and development.
What technical skills will help you be successful:
- 2-3 years of experience with configuration management software, preferably ansible.
- 2-3 years of experience building infrastructure solutions in AWS.
- 2-3 years of experience using terraform to provision cloud infrastructure.
- Strong practical knowledge of Docker, container registries, and container orchestration technologies.
- Experience with continuous delivery and deploy automation.
- Knowledge and experience applying security best practices for cloud based infrastructure.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.