Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a User Experience Researcher to help grow our new Product Design organization. As a UX Researcher, you will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing, as well as being a key driver and contributor during design sprints. At Beam, we see UX Researchers as crucial providers of insight into successful user solutions and involve them end to end in the design process of new features, processes, and products.
What You Will Bring:
You are an entrepreneur who is equally comfortable digging in to solve problems as you are for dealing with ambiguity. You are a collaborator, have strong opinions, are willing to fail, learn, and thrive in a feedback-driven culture. You love being the voice of the user inside an organization and relish at the opportunity to mature the organization’s view of UX.
What You Will Do:
- Work alongside our Engineering and Product organizations to deliver customer-centric products.
- Spend time with internal and external users of our product to effectively speak on their behalf.
- Develop wireframes and flows for a diverse range of products and processes.
- Be a shepherd for innovation and user research.
- Assist in the development, discovery, and understanding of new products and features.
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Design, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with modern design and research tools (Sketch/InVision/UserTesting).
- Experience in user research design, recruiting, contextual inquiry, interviewing, analysis, and data visualization
- Experience in qualitative data analysis: pattern recognition, key insights, actionable recommendations.
- Familiarity with workshop facilitation: personas, process/journey mapping, affinity mapping, design thinking exercises.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.