Senior Compliance Analyst
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Legal – Legal & Compliance /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We’re looking for a highly motivated compliance professional to join our Compliance team. The individual will report to our Senior Compliance Manager and will assist in the administration of Beam’s Compliance Management Program. You will be primarily responsible for leading the issues and risk management function, conducting second line regulatory compliance monitoring and testing, and supporting regulatory risk assessments.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the daily functions of Beam’s Issues Management Process
- Collaborate with business partners in the creation and implementation of remediation plans for identified issues
- Prepare and report out on metrics related to the Issue Management Process
- Develop and execute internal regulatory compliance audits and transactional testing to test for adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements
- Perform targeted regulatory testing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Review controls established and owned by business owners for effectiveness
- Evaluate policy, procedures, training, and processes with respect to regulatory requirements
- Partner with business units to effectively address risk identified through compliance audits
- Collaborate with various business units to enhance the existing regulatory risk assessment framework, identify controls, and gaps in business rules and processes
- Assist in preparation of reporting to senior leadership
- Assist in initiatives to enhance second line compliance oversight and strategic business partnership
- Other duties as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional work experience within a regulatory or compliance function
- Experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Working knowledge of insurance laws and regulations, Privacy and Security laws and industry best practices, specifically HIPAA/Hi-Tech
- Passionate about compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Able to interface with key stakeholders to execute Beam’s Compliance Management Program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for contact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to regulatory agencies.
- Data driven and results oriented
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to identify gaps and drive solutions.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to regulatory laws
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.