Manager, Life & Ancillary Claims
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Operations – Claims Processing /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our Claims team. This individual will report to the Vice President of Claims and will lead the establishment and development of the Life and Ancillary Claims processing teams. This role includes developing, documenting and establishing processing rules and protocols. This includes, but is not limited to, initial claim intake, validation/verification, reserve setting, and final adjudication. Responsible for working closely with Legal, Compliance and Finance to maintain adherence to all federal, state and company rules and regulations.
What You Will Bring:
You will have 3-5 years of experience in Life Claim processing. Experience in Ancillary coverage lines (Accident, Hospital, etc) is beneficial. You have leadership experience and are driven by working in a collaborative environment. You have an ownership mindset and can make decisions. You enjoy mentoring others and have a positive attitude which helps foster a team environment. You’re a strong communicator and good listener. You enjoy the challenges of leadership.
What You Will Do:
- Work cross functionally with internal and external partners on the establishment and development of claim processing systems, protocols and procedures
- Communicate claim processing guidelines to internal partners for external education purposes (client facing)
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal system engineers to ensure timely execution of program developments and integrations
- Work closely with TPA’s managing or maintaining cross functional support roles
- Develop Claim Specialist training program for Life and/or Ancillary Claim roles
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable inventory levels and achieving Time Service goals in support of the overall Claims team goals
- In partnership with Claims Business Consultant, measure and maintain appropriate Average Handle Times for each work type
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Life and Ancillary lines processing rules and guidelines with strict adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or Associate’s degree with related experience
- At least 5 years of insurance operations experience, claims experience preferred
- At least 1 year of management/supervisory experience
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.