Administrative Coordinator, Executive Team
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
People – Human Resources /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
This is an amazing opportunity to make an immediate impact and work very closely with the senior management team at Beam. The Administrative Coordinator is a proactive master generalist, critical thinker, and true partner to the business. This role requires experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. An honorary people operations team member, this role must be able to work independently with little to no supervision while always keeping the business and its most important resource - people - in mind. The best candidate will be an approachable, adaptable, self-starter who enjoys bringing calm to the chaos and is eager to make a difference.
What Success Looks Like:
A successful administrative coordinator aims to provide leverage and increase the efficiency of work and the effectiveness of the organization. The coordinator will accomplish success through excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, professionalism, organization, and problem-solving skills. Success means getting results, having a great attitude with low ego, and having fun winning as a team!
What You Will Bring:
- Positive, roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude with a team-first mindset
- Proficiency in or aptitude to learn G Suite, Slack, Lever, and other tech stacks
- Proven ability to see projects and tasks through to correct completion
- Reliability and accountability
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Enjoyment in working with others to get results
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What You Will Do:
- Handle requests from the Executive Team
- Strategic scheduling
- Creation of documents, processes, communications, and google decks
- Event planning and organization
- Seek to build relationships and be a resource for all at Beam
- Administrative tasks including expense reports, travel arrangements, and note-taking
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Serve as a liaison with other departments or external parties
- Be a true partner to the business and assist the organization’s efforts on exciting initiatives
- Steward your own growth and continue to develop professionally
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.