Business Development Manager
Business Development / Sales
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will manage a team of Business Development Representatives (BDR). BDRs are the tip of the spear for Beam when entering a new market so the BDM will be responsible for ensuring our reps are maintaining a high activity level, leveraging tools like Outreach, and spreading the word about Beam to the brokerage world to generate interest. The BDM reports directly to the SVP of Sales.
What You Will Bring:
You have phone based sales experience as well as call center management experience. You love the numbers game, scripting, organization, and leveraging current technology to optimize sales. You set the bar high for activity and results and even higher for morale.
What You Will Do:
- Hire, manage, coach a team of hunters as they open new markets for Beam.
- Establish activities that drive sales to meet quarterly/annual quotas.
- Articulate the sales strategy and report on results.
- Take a data driven and common sense approach to decision making.
- Coach on best practices and organizational discipline.
- Use existing and create new reporting to help identify and resolve issues around sales performance, pricing issues, and market penetration.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Previous experience in a sales management role, consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Quota carrying sales experience and a history of top performance.
- Ability to take new sales talent and transform them into highly effective
- Passion for process improvement and incremental gains
- Enthusiastic and compassionate leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of sales automation tools and technology
- Experience managing a call center or phone based sales team
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.