Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Mobile Engineer with a passion for building user-focused projects in collaboration with our Research and Design teams. We’re working to provide the best insurance experience right from your phone screen. Our engineers get the opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies throughout our product space and ship code at a regular cadence. The Mobile Engineer should be comfortable collaborating with stakeholders across the business and providing feedback for best practices in the mobile space and ecosystems.
What You Will Bring
You’re a mobile engineer (or curious about mobile) with a passion for user-first development. You have a keen interest for Apple and/or Android products and keep a pulse on the industry. You’re interested in working with IoT devices and connecting to these via Bluetooth/WiFi. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Design to fully own and rapidly iterate on our mobile apps. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products.
What You Will Do
- Regularly ship high-quality code to the Apple App Store & Google Play Store
- Build our mobile applications using Hybrid and Native tools to provide the best quality application possible
- Act as a technical advisor for your team to continually improve the quality of our code and products
- Own portions of our development processes and drive best practices to uplift performance within the team
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building web applications using React.js or mobile applications with React Native
- Familiarity with Firebase, BrowserStack, GitHub Actions
- Experience in consuming, and familiarity with building, REST API's
- Familiarity with connecting to IoT devices via Bluetooth or WiFi
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.