Manager, Account Coordinator Team
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For:
As Beam’s client base continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, world-class dental benefits experience, ultimately resulting in high retention and continued customer expansion. The Manager, Account Coordinator Team will be primarily responsible for ensuring high satisfaction of both our clients and brokers and ensuring that Beam delivers world-class support to those stakeholders.
The Manager will have primary responsibility for overseeing the operations and execution of the Account Coordinator team. The primary functions of the role include managing the day-to-day operations of Account Coordinators, interviewing and hiring new team members as needed as well as identifying opportunities for improvement and campaigning for appropriate resources from leadership.
This role will be measured against KPIs, and driving improvements on all these metrics maximizes value to clients, brokers and Beam long-term.
- Lead and empower a growing Account Coordinator team by mentoring and coaching them to individual success both in their current roles as well as providing opportunities for future growth
- Interview and hire new team members while continuously developing and enhancing the team’s onboarding and training process.
- Ensure that your team is meeting SLAs to deliver a world-class support experience to our clients and their brokers
- Identify improvements to our processes and streamline them and/or request resources (when appropriate) to support those improvements
- Take ownership of the resolution process and our ticketing system to ensure optimal ticket handling by the team
- Leverage current analytics and KPIs to look for opportunities to improve overall operation and team capabilities to enable the success of your team
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Member Success, Client Success and Sales teams to deliver the best end-to-end experience possible
Qualities that we feel are essential for success include:
- Experience hiring and managing a growing team in a direct, client-facing function including both phone-based and digital communications with stakeholders
- Track record of exceptional client service, including investigation of and solving client issues, both simple and complex
- A basic technical background with the ability to generate reports to measure performance of individuals and teams as well as leveraging that data to identify opportunities for improvements
- History of meeting and exceeding KPIs relevant to the support of a growing customer-base
- Benefits, HR, or brokerage experience a major plus
- Experience with familiarization with new technology products and platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
What should be the fruit of your labor?
What should be the fruit of your labor? In short, you should help execute the necessary underpinning of what it means to be a world class insurance company, driving high client satisfaction leading to high client retention and minimizing churn. Success in this role means improving Client Satisfaction, hitting key targets and renewing as many clients as possible!
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.