Legal Operations, Project Manager
Legal & Compliance
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
We’re seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our growing legal team. The position will work closely with our VP, Legal & Compliance and with business stakeholders at all levels of the company.
As our legal operations project manager, you will manage large cross-collaborative projects that include understanding and maintaining compliance with state insurance licensing requirements and managing 3rd party audits. You will be expected to develop and implement processes to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team, facilitate change, and control costs.
You must also able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating and executing action plans.
What You Will Do:
- Manage cross-functional legal and compliance initiatives including compliance with state insurance licensing requirements and 3rd party audits;
- Assess all department resources and tools related to matter management, knowledge management, ethics & compliance, eDiscovery and document management and over time implement best in class technology, systems, and processes;
- Create reporting on key operational and substantive metrics including matter management and work-product analyses;
- Use reporting and metrics to inform decision-making and tell a story;
- Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend;
- Assist with budget matters and optimization of workflows within the legal department;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various business teams including sales, support, service, business development, regulatory, IT, and finance.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- B.A. or B.S. required; preferably in business, finance, information technology or the equivalent
- 3+ years of experience legal project management and operations either in-house or at a law firm (both preferred)
- Technology savvy; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; proficient in Google Apps
- Experience creating actionable reporting
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by developing strong, productive cross-functional relationships at all levels and across all functional areas of the business
- Experience developing, implementing, and using legal department technology solutions (e.g. matter management, JIRA, Docusign e-signature)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines
- Experience in developing playbooks and policies
- Able to communicate complex topics clearly and concisely
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.