Columbus, OH /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the Office Manager, you will coordinate the day-to-day activities within Beam's home office and help promote Beam’s culture. You will manage and monitor the comings and goings of both visitors (if applicable) and Beam employees. You will welcome new hires. You will also oversee office resources, cleanliness, parking, amenities, and various department events. You will be the main source of truth Beamers look to when they have questions about happenings in the office. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we want you to be creative, resourceful, and a leader, even when you don’t have the answer.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the day-to-day office operations, including answering parking questions, monitoring building access, sending and receiving mail, stocking all office amenities, and keeping things tidy
- Accountable for cleanliness of the office (kitchen/dishes, decorations, restrooms, etc.)
- Coordinate and supervise internal and external events taking place in the Columbus office or virtually
- Work with building management and vendors for maintenance, food, supplies, cleaning, etc.
- Welcome all employees and visitors into the organization and offer support to meet their needs
- Train and reinforce employee knowledge on security, fire and evacuation
- Partner with IT on security, collect and distribute employee equipment as needed
- Send weekly People Team newsletter with updates across the company, along with any other relevant office communications
- Assist with new-hire orientation and welcoming new hires to the organization
- Assist with other facilities or People Team projects as needed
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Experience in office management or customer service preferred
- Having pride in Beam’s culture and keeping the office clean and tidy
- A sunny disposition that greets adversity with a smile and determination
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment
- Self motivated and highly creative in problem solving
- Experience with Envoy office tracking software preferred
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.