Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Technology – Engineering /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for experienced engineers with a passion for building and supporting a DevOps culture to join our Site Reliability Engineering team. The team's mandate is to write software to automate the operations of our engineering organization and to establish and own Service Level Objectives that lead to an increase in the structural quality of our software and the reliability of our applications.
What You Will Bring
You’re an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (or DevOps Engineer) who believes strongly in shared ownership of infrastructure and related tooling. You have worked closely with engineers to design, build, and support service-oriented architectures. You believe in spreading DevOps knowledge throughout the engineering organization, by focusing on building tools and processes that enable development teams to own their infrastructure and break down typical DevOps silos. You have a strong background in writing infrastructure as code, and a strong desire to automate processes.
What You Will Do
- Write software to automate the operations of our Engineering organization.
- Establish, measure, and own Service Level Objectives across our application infrastructure.
- Work with engineers to design scalable systems that keep pace with Beam’s rapid growth.
- Support the product teams in monitoring production cloud infrastructure.
- Build and maintain tooling for managing production and testing environments.
- Develop documentation and training to onboard and level-up the DevOps knowledge within the organization.
- Work closely with devs to shape the direction of our infrastructure and tooling and position us well for future innovation and development.
- Deal with ambiguity. When presented with a problem, the successful candidate can articulate assumptions and collaborate with the teammates to deliver a solution in a timely fashion.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management software.
- 5+ years of experience building infrastructure.
- 1+ years of experience using Terraform, or CloudFormation, or a similar tool to provision cloud infrastructure.
- Strong practical knowledge of Docker, container registries, and container orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes)
- Experience with continuous delivery and deploy automation.
- Knowledge and experience applying security best practices
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or in an SRE team is a huge bonus.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.