Associate Market Development Executive
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Revenue & Business – Sales /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a driven and hungry salesperson who is ready to start their career in the insurtech industry. This is an entry level position with high potential for career advancement/growth within Beam. You will be the front-line for Beam’s revenue team, collaborating internally and externally with brokerages to identify, assess, and craft insurance plans that will help Beam win business and grow! Ultimately, your job is to process and deliver RFP’s, complete plan iterations, send proposals to brokers, and handle high volumes of crucial administrative RFP tasks while working seamlessly with Market Development Executives to help win business.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an energetic and eager salesperson with passion for technology and how it can be harnessed in the insurance industry. You’re willing to learn and collaborate closely with peers. You take an innovative yet critical approach when managing relationships and driving production results. You thrive on continually building and expanding relationships, and are able to work and succeed under pressure and hold yourself accountable to SLA’s/KPI’s.
What You Will Do:
- Support existing brokerage relationships to handle the RFP lifecycle, identify areas of opportunity and improvement on a day-to-day basis, and leverage broker partners to hit production targets
- Build a strong knowledge base of dental insurance plan design/coverages as well as a fundamental understanding of Beam’s product capabilities and processes to elucidate what sets us apart in the market
- Negotiate pricing with Underwriting/Finance, run networking reporting, and send sold plan designs/implementation/group app paperwork to propel our sales lifecycle
- Work closely with others as a part of a team effort to achieve RFP production, pipeline and bookings metrics
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 0-12 months in a BDR/SDR role with a proven track record of high activity and attention to detail
- An aptitude for driving external stakeholders to increased production while handling a high volume of daily activities
- Organization and attention to detail is extremely important
- Strong B2B technology sales acumen and drive for results in addition to customer service experience
- Channel sales experience is also a plus
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to multitask
- An adaptable mindset and ability to receive, process, and execute constructive feedback
- Experience or familiarization with insurance tech products and platforms is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.