Senior Technical Project Manager
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Technology – Information Technology /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As Beam continues to grow, so does Beam’s employee base and business operations. The Senior Technical Project Manager at Beam is a senior-level individual contributor that is responsible for both the effectiveness and efficiency of technical services and the success of technology projects at Beam. This individual is dedicated to enabling Beam’s growth and success through proactive and hands-on collaboration and teamwork, while finding great technical and non-technical solutions for a variety of complex business problems. This person will work with Beam’s Information Security and Technology leader to address meaningful technical challenges and is a contributor to both the strategic and tactical directions for Information Technology at Beam. This individual possesses a strong technical and project management background.
What You Will Bring:
You’re a driven, detail-oriented, proactive, life-long learner who thrives on providing excellent technical services and solutions for our business partners. You have spent a majority of your career in technology and have successfully managed technical projects and services for core business functions. You have a passion for enabling the business. You’re an excellent communicator, have high emotional intelligence, and lead by example. You are able to work independently and also collaborate on a team of experienced technology professionals. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, and your craft. You are highly ambitious and are a person of strong moral integrity.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for the successful execution of technology-related projects, ensuring that projects adhere to budget, schedule, and scope
- Maintain Beam’s technological effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting business objectives with appropriate technology solutions
- Establish and implement clear project communication plans, providing status updates to internal stakeholders and employees
- Create thorough documentation of solutions, processes, policies, and standards that reflect best practices
- Build and maintain mutual trust with key stakeholders in the company, including those in the SLT, Tech Org, Legal, Compliance, and HR to garner support for Tech Org initiatives
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- A history of delivering high-quality and successful technical projects and services to meet the needs of the business in a technology-driven environment
- Experience applying industry-recognized IT Service Management frameworks to technical services and projects, such as ITIL, COBIT, and TOGAF
- Hands-on experience in change management, asset management, and configuration management
- An IT Project Management certification, such as ITIL 4, or the ability to obtain one within the first 6 months of employment
- Strong ability to juggle multiple, sometime competing, priorities for a fast-paced business
- Excellent ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of HIPAA/HITRUST and other insurance industry regulations is a plus
- Prior experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance audits is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.