Technology & Communications Lead
Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Customer Operations – Group Operations /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
As the Technology & Communications Lead, you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and reliable operation of the Customer Operations tech stacks. This will include managing our knowledge base, process documentation, internal FAQs, Help Desk/Support questions, and creating easy references for our representatives to utilize in their roles as a part of their daily workflow. You will work with all departments of Beam to ensure that Customer Care and Operational team members are kept up-to-date on changes to those workflows, upcoming improvements, and legal/compliance requirements. Ultimately, your role as the Technology & Communications Lead will require an expert understanding of our technology platforms, current state and proposed improvements while clearly communicating Customer Care and Operational processes within them.
What You Will Bring:
You are a detailed, organized individual who can quickly take ownership of the configuration, maintenance, best practices and operation of the Customer Care and Operations tech stacks alongside the Beam brand. You are strategic and use data to identify problems, find solutions and see those recommendations through. Who will produce high-quality, easy-to-understand guidelines and reference documents to help our growing team succeed at offering best-in-class customer experiences. You’re a self-starter who seeks to create and establish processes and procedures that will scale with our growing company. You can prioritize your work and adapt quickly to the changing needs within our technology platforms, doing whatever it takes to help Customer Care and Operational team members succeed. You must be highly organized, proficient in time management, and possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills to effectively describe complicated ideas to different audiences.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure the reliable operation and maintenance of our technologies owned by the Customer Care and Operational teams
- Manage seats across all platforms using forecasting and user profiles to ensure our teams have the correct access and data permissions within budget
- Initiate and execute multiple concurrent projects designed to drive efficiencies and stakeholder satisfaction
- Resolve operating errors and issues though stakeholder intake processes within department service level agreements (SLAs)
- Identify and leverage customer feedback loops, along with supporting data, to scope and design ways to improve our stakeholder’s experience
- Continuously improve a variety of learning management documents related to the Customer Care and Operational team members
- Identify and troubleshoot areas of opportunity in our Customer Care and Operations processes and tools by working with other departments to find solutions
- Collaborate with management and Operations Support to identify Customer Care and Operational team member’s training needs to improve our new hire onboarding and continuing education materials
- Leverage the vast wealth of institutional knowledge gained as Beam continues to grow and evolve, which is paramount to our success as an organization
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Previous experience in Administration or Operations
- Expert backend and working knowledge of platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Kustomer, ZenDesk, Salesforce, Ujet, PlayVox and/or other knowledge-base, CRM and workforce management tools
- Passion for building systems and processes from the ground up, oftentimes with a limited existing structure
- Excellent project management and organization skills and the ability to balance many competing priorities at once
- Proficient writing, editing and presentation skills
- Great communicator, internally and externally
- Patience and empathy in identifying and understanding the needs of the team
- Highly motivated, independent worker driven to troubleshoot and to solve to solution
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read:sometimes chaotic) environment
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.