Senior Mobile Software Engineer
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The Beam Brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Mobile Engineers with a passion for building user-focused projects in an agile environment. Nowadays, most people have a magic rectangle in their pockets. We want to hire engineers that make these magic rectangles do cool things. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad product giving them an opportunity to work with a diverse set of technologies, shipping code at a regular cadence. We also look to our senior developers to be good mentors for their fellow engineers and contribute their experiences to our development and product processes.
What You Will Bring:
You’re a mobile engineer with a passion for people and products. You have a passion for Apple and/or Android products, and keep a pulse on the industry. You’re interested in working with/on IoT devices and connecting to these via bluetooth/wifi. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Design to fully own and rapidly iterate on our mobile apps. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your skills and thriving in a collaborative environment. You have led teams, driven agile innovation and processes, and have worked with a product team to iteratively achieve business value.
What You Will Do:
- Regularly ship high-quality code to the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store.
- Build our mobile applications using Hybrid and Native tools to provide the best quality application possible.
- Act as a technical advisor for your team to continually improve the quality of our code and products.
- Mentor fellow engineers to help level up the overall knowledge of the team.
- Own portions of our agile processes, driving best practices and performance of the team.
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience building web applications using React.js
- Familiarity with hybrid tooling, React Native, Flutter, etc.
- Experience in consuming, and familiarity with building, REST API's.
- Familiarity with deploying mobile applications to the App Store.
- Familiarity with implementing Analytic solutions in mobile projects.
- Familiarity with connecting to IoT devices via bluetooth or wifi.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.