Strategic Account Manager
Client Success /
Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental insurance industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare. Today, Beam Dental is the fastest growing provider of dental benefits in the country and is available in over 40 states around the US. Beam’s product focuses on ease of use, tailored pricing, and a unique commitment to preventative care by incorporating dental hygiene behavior into policy pricing.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Our Client Success team is looking for a Strategic Account Manager who can deliver exceptional service to speciality deals . As Beam's client base continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, extraordinary benefits experience for strategic opportunities. This person will own complex client-facing communication, education, and satisfaction from client orientation through policy renewal onward.
What You Will Bring:
You are a self-motivated individual with prior client management or account management experience. This person is highly collaborative and innovative with a track record of relentless & effective execution, and is excited to tackle some of our most challenging opportunities for elevating our client experience. You enjoy partnering with clients to solve both simple and complex problems. You're nimble enough to handle multiple accounts with a high level of attention to detail and service. You are excited by technology and always eager to learn about the latest and greatest.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for strategic accounts and their stakeholders
- Spearhead onboarding of new contracts and act as a subject matter expert on Beam's products to educate our client base
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with clients to build trust and rapport
- Secure client renewals as well as drive additional revenue opportunities
- Provide proactive client management to drive value throughout the client contract
- Execute a high volume of varied processes and activities to support of client retention
- Collaborate effectively cross functionally within revenue, customer operations, product and accounting teams
- Utilize data insights to drive new internal and/or external actions, strategies, and process improvements
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 3-5+ years experience in an account or client management type role servicing multiple new and mature accounts
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Experience working with a range of software and technology tools supporting a revenue organization (e.g. CRM, sales automation, analytics tools)
- Excellent communication skills
- Life & Health insurance license or benefits / HR / brokerage experience a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.