Beam Dental was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to make dental services more accessible using technology. The beam brush, which launched the company, was one of the earliest examples of the ‘Internet of Things’, where everyday objects can enable incredible new understanding and capability. Today, Beam Dental has parlayed its industry passion into the fastest growing provider of dental insurance in the US, with a mission to offer businesses best in class dental coverage and close the gap on the over 100 million Americans who don’t have dental insurance today.
Joining Beam Dental Means
• Working for a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IOT, and dental services
• Being challenged to improve every day by a diverse and diversely skilled team
• An active, intense, and fun work environment
• Being a decision maker and ‘owner’ of your subject matter
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access dental services
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Brand Designers at Beam are an integral part of the organization, collaborating in all aspects of the business from sales and marketing, to member experience, to engineering and software, to create an insurance experience unlike any other. You will use your strong visual design and problem solving skills to grow our existing brand language across both physical and digital touch points and should feel equally comfortable creating high-quality, technically sound design solutions in either environment.
What You Will Bring:
You are a self-starter that is able to find opportunities and own the efforts needed to deliver results. You are natural learner who stays current with new design trends and tools. And you are a flexible team player capable of working on multiple projects at once.
What You Will Do:
- Help create a cohesive brand experience across multiple touch points for multiple stakeholders
- Be equally comfortable creating world-class brand experiences for print and digital mediums including everything from package design to user interface design
- Collaborate with marketers, UX designers, engineers, and others to ensure business requirements are met
- Participate in internal brainstorm sessions and design reviews
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, or related field
- Formal training in typography, design principles, and production
- 3 to 5 years of agency or in-house experience
- Highly conceptual with a history of building modern brand experiences
- Strong knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Suite products
- Detail oriented and highly organized with a keen eye for consistency
- Photography, videography, and motion graphics skills are a plus
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.