Columbus, OH (or Remote) /
Finance – Finance /
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam’s Accounting Team empowers the company by developing and implementing scalable accounting processes that facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting. As an Accounting Specialist, you will support the Accounting Team in the day-to-day, monthly, and year end accounting operations. The position will work with the organization at all levels to gather information, produce various reports, and identify process improvements that ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements. We value integrity, technical prowess, creative thinking, energy, and emotional intelligence.
What You Will Bring:
You are a self-motivated problem solver with a mind for continuous improvement and the ability to take a project and run with it. You thrive in a team environment, displaying critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve while providing superior customer support in both reactive and proactive ways.
What You Will Do:
- Work cross functionally to gather information and consult on accounting considerations
- Take ownership of Invoicing requests including issues, both simple and complex, and resolve them quickly and completely, utilizing best-in-class service
- Work closely with other departments (Claims, Finance, Product Support) to resolve complex invoicing issues and provide regular updates to all stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting
- Support audit requirements for external audit review
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- 1+ years experience in an accounting or billing role
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
- Ability to work with a remote team and to maximize face-to-face time
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of consistently surpassing individual and team goals
- Ability to maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude in the workplace whether interacting with customers or with teammates
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to tell a cohesive, concise story
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Integrity and empathy
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.